In Restricted Use MPAs you may see fishing, as certain resource extraction is permitted. In No Take MPAs there should not be fishing and any apparent fishing in such an area should be subjected to further scrutiny.
Why is there fishing in an area marked as an MPA?Why is there fishing in an area marked as an MPA?
- How do I view different parts of the world?
- What vessels are required to use AIS? What are global regulations and requirements for vessels to carry AIS?
- Can I download raw AIS data?
- What are the different vessel tracking systems out there and how can they be used together?
- Which browser can I use to access the Global Fishing Watch map?