Datasets and code that power Global Fishing Watch
Global Fishing Watch is committed to making as much of its data and code publicly available as possible. This page provides links to datasets for download, some of which will take you to pages on GitHub with more documentation and details. For commentary on our data releases, see the data blog on the right.
Datasets and Code
- Fishing effort
- Fishing vessels
- Anonymized AIS data and other data
- Fishing Detection Models
What is required for me to access and use the data?
- Register (free, self service)
- Agree to the terms of service
- Participate in follow-up surveys
- Acknowledge Global Fishing Watch in anything you publish (see terms for proper citation)
Contact research@globalfishingwatch with questions
Latest Data Blog posts
Analysis from SkyTruth and Global Fishing Watch shows ship tracks jumping thousands of miles from their true locations. Bjorn [...]