First, you must be logged into your Global Fishing Watch account to search for a vessel. Click on the Vessels tab in the toolbox to the right and enter the vessel identifying information (vessel name, MMSI number, IMO number and callsign) in the search bar. Make sure that the activity layer you are searching the vessel in is active. If not you will not see any results. Once you find the vessel you are looking for, you can use the pin icon to save the vessel’s track.
How do I search for a specific vessel?How do I search for a specific vessel?
- How do I view different parts of the world?
- Can I download raw AIS data?
- What vessels are required to use AIS? What are global regulations and requirements for vessels to carry AIS?
- What are the different vessel tracking systems out there and how can they be used together?
- Which browser can I use to access the Global Fishing Watch map?