Login to your Global Fishing Watch account to create a report of fishing activity. In the map toolbox, open the Layers tab, then on Static Layers.
- Click on any active reference layer in the Global Fishing Watch map. This could be a marine protected area (MPA), exclusive economic zone (EEZ) or an uploaded reference layer.
- Click the report icon (closest icon to the layer name) to create an analysis for the area.
- The analysis pane will show you a time series graph of activity data over your selected time range. Data presented should be taken as an estimate. Download a data report for more precise analysis, including the list of vessels involved.
- In the Global Fishing Watch Marine Manager portal, time series graphs for any environmental layers that are toggled on will also be included.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click ‘Download report’. Reports of automatic identification system (AIS) data can be downloaded for time ranges up to one year.
- The report will be emailed to you as an attached file in a few minutes. A link to download the data report will be emailed to you. This link has an expiry date, so ensure you download the report promptly.